Friday, September 13, 2024

Friday the 13th

Not much new in the Gaza front. So far, Kamala Harris has reiterated her support for America's arming of Israel's genocide. Lots of blah blah blah about Israel's right to defend itself. (Apparently, lots of dead children are necessary to accomplish this "defense".)

I very much want to vote for Harris. But she has not in any way signaled any departure from Biden's policy. Even the murder of an American citizen is deemed as a necessary component of Israel "defending itself". The administration's reaction to this murder is basically, "Oh well, accidents happen."

In my mind, the most important issue of 2024 is the ongoing genocide in Gaza (which is also spilling into the West Bank). On this issue, Biden gets a solid F, and so far Harris shares that F. I am tired of the voter scolds basically telling me that in order to keep Donald Trump out of the White House, it is necessary to support Netanyahu, who is just Israel's version of Donald Trump. The Dems need to do better, If the election was today my vote would go to Cornel West. Harris still has time to change my mind.



No comments: